News, Thoughts and Opinions
- Festivals in India <<CLICK here>>
- My country, Guinea <<CLICK here>>
- The four seasons of Japan <<CLICK here>>
- Chinese Intermediate Class Students <<CLICK here>>
- Swiss lifestyle <<CLICK here>>
- My two homes: Japan and the Philippines <<CLICK here>>
- Differences between Japan and Vietnam <<CLICK here>>
- Living in Japan: Feeling perplexed at times by cultural differences <<CLICK here>>
- In an international marriage, a child should learn two languages <<CLICK here>>
Books, Music and Sports
- Harana: Love Letters in a Song <<CLICK here>>
- Chinese Traditional Classic Performance "Jing Ju" <<CLICK here>>
- What I'm Reading (and Watching on the Screen): Silence <<CLICK here>>
- Man's Search for Meaning <<CLICK here>>
HAND in HAND in TAMA contains information necessary for daily life of foreigners living in Tama City.
For details, click here
= LATEST NEWS AND INFORMATION =
NEW YEAR PARTY 2020
foreign participants are invited!
Please join us! There will be performances and refreshments. Hope you come and enjoy the party.
Date/Time: Saturday, January 18, 2020 1:30pm~
Place: Dai-1 Kaigishitsu, 4F, Parthenon Tama (5-min. walk from Tama Center Station)
Application/inquiries: Appy to TIC Office (Foreign Language Seminar Division) Tel. 042-355-2118
For further details, please refer to the flyer (FriendlyNews Dec. issue)
YEAR-END AND NEW YEAR HOLIDAYS !*
NIHONGO SPEECH CONTEST in TAMA
The Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games will be held next year, 2020. Share you thoughts on sports by joining this speech contest.
Date/Time: Saturday, November 30, 2019
Venue: Sekido Public Hall (7F VITA) *2-min. walk from Keio Line Seisekisakuragaoka Station
TOP WINNERS will receive prizes!
(1st place: 20,000 yen, 2nd place: 15,000 yen, 3rd place: 10,000 yen)
(Consolation prizes will be awarded to other contestants)
Please refer to flyer for details on how to join⇒ speech_chirashi.pdf
■JAPANESE LANGUAGE CLASSES FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS!
■IKEBANA SALON (Japanese-style flower arrangement) for foreigners
COUNSELING for foreign residents
Life advisory and various information on daily living are provided to foreign residents in Tama City.
Day/Time: Every 1st & 3rd Thursdays (except holidays) 1:30 - 4:30pm
Place: TIC Room (7F, VITA Commune, Seiseki Sakuragaoka)
*Appointment is necessary
*Confidentiality is strictly observed.
*Counseling in foreign language is available upon request.
*No telephone counseling service.
Contact TIC Office.
Japanese Language Classes
For details about schedule and classrooms, < click here >
Japanese-style flower arrangement for foreigners.
Every 3rd Wednesday of the month.
Please inquire for details.
You can take part in many events. Please check the schedule of events in our monthly newsletters, or through this website.
Follow us on Twitter